SCVO are working with the Scottish Government to help third sector organisations to improve their cyber resilience. A key step in improving cyber resilience is achieving Cyber Essentials accreditation. So we have been running a grants scheme to support organisations to achieve cyber essentials.
Our fourth round of cyber grants is now open for applications
This fund is open to Scottish third sector organisations who wish to obtain Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation. The deadline for applications is Friday 30 August at
is Cyber Essentials and why should I have it?
The Cyber Essentials Scheme is a
Scottish Government support for cyber resilience
- make it easier for individuals and businesses to access advice and support to prevent cyber-attacks
- make sure there are robust systems of response are in place when cyber-attacks succeed
The National Cyber Security Centre has produced the following resources to help charities
- Cyber Security: Small Charity Guide (PDF Download)
How to improve cyber security within your charity – quickly, easily and at low cost.
- Cyber Threat Assessment: UK Charity Sector
A 2019 report into the threat faced by the UK charity sector.
- Five Key Questions for your Board agenda
Key questions to help develop a constructive engagement with your board on cyber security. Boards new to this issue may want to break this discussion into several chunks.
If you are interested in becoming more cyber resilient and want to discuss this with the SCVO Digital team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.