SCVO are working with the Scottish Government to help third sector organisations to improve their cyber resilience. A key step in improving cyber resilience is achieving Cyber Essentials accreditation. So we have been running a grants scheme to support organisations to achieve cyber essentials.
Our most recent grants round is now closed. If you made an application, we will be in touch with news of your application shortly. If you want to be alerted to our next cyber grants funding opportunity, please sign up to our e:bulletin.
is Cyber Essentials and why should I have it?
The Cyber Essentials Scheme is a
Scottish Government support for cyber resilience
- make it easier for individuals and businesses to access advice and support to prevent cyber-attacks
- make sure there are robust systems of response are in place when cyber-attacks succeed
The National Cyber Security Centre has produced the following resources to help charities
- Cyber Security: Small Charity Guide (Infographic Summary)
A summary of low cost, simple techniques that can improve cyber security within your charity or voluntary organisation.
- Cyber Security: Small Charity Guide (PDF Download)
How to improve cyber security within your charity – quickly, easily and at low cost.
- Cyber Threat Assessment: UK Charity Sector
A report from the NCSC that outlines the cyber threat that charities of all sizes now face.
If you are interested in becoming more cyber resilient and want to discuss this with the SCVO Digital team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.