Starts29th October 2019 09:30Ends30th October 2019 16:30TrainerShirley OttoContactHelen Swatton
0141 465 7531CostSCVO Member £190, Third sector non-member £250, Public/Private £300
- Overall course aim
To provide participants with information, skills and confidence in managing and supervising people at work.
- Course objectives
During this 2 day interactive course participants will:
- Identify strengths and areas to work on;
- Have a framework for managing and supervising people;
- Develop skills, techniques and strategies for managing people;
- Obtain support and encouragement;
- Tackle work related problems and issues.
Using group and individual tasks participants will learn about:
- being responsible for people and their work: hopes and fears;
- managing people, teams and group;
- managing change;
- identifying challenges and learning goals;
- supervision and appraisal;
- putting theory into practice: case study.
- Who is the course aimed at?
The course is for those who are new to managing and supervising people. The course is geared to those working in voluntary and community organisations.
- Other information
The course is a mix of short talks and work in small groups including case studies and games.
Please note this course is now fully booked!