As a Community Jobs Scotland employer, you help us create opportunities for young people who have experienced barriers to employment in the past, helping them gain skills and knowledge that will set them on a positive path for the future.
While this can be rewarding, we know it can also be challenging, and we want to ensure that you feel fully supported in your role.
That’s why we’ve created a programme of bespoke training courses designed specifically for CJS employers – just scroll down to take a look. To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the course you wish to attend – spaces are limited, so be quick!
Working with care experienced young people
This session by Who Cares?
Scotland will give attendees an understanding of the care system in
Scotland and how this impacts upon a care experienced person’s life, exploring
the barriers they face to gaining and sustaining employment and the benefits of
creating positive relationships to support them. Armed with this knowledge
participants will feel added confidence when working alongside and managing
care experienced people and see the value they can bring to their organisation.
- 20 May 2019 – Mansfield Traquair Centre, Edinburgh – 10am – 1pm
- 24 May 2019 – Brunswick House, Glasgow – 10am – 1pm
- 13 June 2019 – Fairways House, Inverness – 1.30 – 3.30pm
Challenging perceptions around employing people with convictions
This course by Disclosure Scotland aims to support delegates
to challenge their values and beliefs about people who have an offending
background and reassess their views on recruiting individuals who have an
offending background. It further aims to raise awareness of the Rehabilitation
of Offenders Act, Equality Act and how these impact on the opportunities
individuals with previous convictions face in securing sustainable employment.
- 21 May 2019 – Brunswick House, Glasgow – 10am – 3.30pm
- 28 May 2019 – Mansfield Traquair Centre, Edinburgh – 10am – 3.30pm
- 12 June 2019 – Fairways House, Inverness – 10am – 3.30pm
Digital Participation and Evolution
The SCVO digital team offer free training for frontline staff working in social housing and across the wider voluntary sector. The focus is on digital inclusion activity, and in particular aims to help frontline staff build their own digital confidence and to take on the role of ‘digital champion’. The team also offer support to organisations looking to embed digital technologies and approaches into their organisations. This focusses on five key areas – service design, culture and leadership, data, cyber security and risks, and flexible technology.
- 27 May 2019 – Mansfield Traquair Centre, Edinburgh – 10am – 12noon
- 29 May 2019 – Brunswick House, Glasgow – 1.30 – 3.30pm
- 11 June 2019 – Fairways House, Inverness – 1.30 – 3.30pm
Cyber security advice for employers
Details for this course are yet to be confirmed, but the sessions will be hosted by Police Scotland on the following dates (email us for more info):
- 27 May 2019 – Mansfield Traquair Centre, Edinburgh – 12.45 – 3.30pm
- 29 May 2019 – Brunswick House, Glasgow – 10am – 1pm
- 13 June 2019 – Fairways House, Inverness – 10am – 1pm