Charity registered in Scotland SC039316
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo promote the better education, training, employment and welfare for visually impaired people, to watch-over and protect their interests and to prevent blindness.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday between 9am - 4pm
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
- Assist with the general catering duties in the café, including the preparation of simple food.
- Serve customers in the café, including customers that are Blind and Partially sighted.
- Assist with cash transactions using the till.
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment for visitors to the café.
- Assist in the arrangements and delivery of catering for special occasions.
- Any other reasonable duties needed to support the running of the café.
- Ability to gain practical experience in the service
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to interact with a range of customers.
- Ability to organise time effectively.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision following instruction and guidance.
- Ability to develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Additional informationAbility to understand and demonstrate commitment to RNIB's equal opportunities.