Charity registered in Scotland SC020879
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesCothrom is a community enterprise set up in 1992 to provide quality training opportunities for local people on the island and exploit opportunities which will raise standards of living. The new facility at Ormiclate - completed in 2007 - replaces the three previous locations with a large, state of the arts facility. The new build also seeks to fill long-standing gaps in service provision in the Southern Isles with the establishment of a nursery, skills workshop and a "one stop shop". The one stop shop was designed to offer representatives of Jobcentre Plus, Careers Scotland, Citizens Advice Bureau and the Local Authority the chance to bring their services to the community.
- Job number
- Isle of South Uist
- Time of attendance
- 5 hours per day Mon- Fri.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
To provide a range of facilities support to the staff and visitors to Cothrom, including taking and co-ordinating room and equipment bookings, setting up IT equipment for use by staff and visitors, and marketing the facilities. There will also be general admin duties including answering phones and providing refreshments for meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Co-ordinate bookings system for rooms and equipment
• Set up IT equipment including laptops, pcs, video conference units, and document readers.
• Marketing and promotion of Cothrom and its services, particularly use of video conferencing and eLearning.
• Set out meeting rooms as required, including refreshments and equipment
• Reception duties/answering phone/working with the public
• Assist in maintaining the Health and Safety of the building
• Update the Cothrom website, Face book page and any other social media
• Attend Annual General Meeting, Staff Meetings and any other Cothrom Events
• Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Manager
• Knowledge or General Office Systems
• Experience of working with IT equipment such a video conferencing
• Filing and record keeping systems, paper based and on computer
• Confident IT skills, including Word and Excel, Publisher, Canva or similar.
• Good communication Skills; face to face, email and phone.
• Experience of working with members of the public
• Experience of marketing via the website and other social media
• Use of Intranet, GLO, blackboard or similar.
• Gaelic speaker
• Knowledge of local business and organisations.
Additional informationCothrom will be upgrading our community based learning facilites to include video conferencing and digital learning and training spaces.