Charity registered in Scotland SC031827
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesJubilee Scotland promotes cancellation of unpayable debt owed by highly indebted poor countries to commercial banks, creditor governments, the IMF, the World Bank and other creditors. We advance education throughout Scotland and elsewhere on key issues of international debt.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday, 9.30-16
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
Jubilee Scotland is looking for a Communications and Admin Assistant to help us around the office.
Key Admin Tasks
- Jubilee Scotland receives many emails on several accounts. The assistant will monitor all accounts and flag the important emails for the Campaign Director to follow up on.
- Every month invoices need to be paid and our online banking monitored. The assistant will make sure payments are made on time and that standing orders are carried out.
- Every month Jubilee Scotland applies for grants in order to fund our work. The assistant will help with this process by finding relevant funds to apply to and gather the evidence (such as financial accounts) needed for applications.
- Jubilee Scotland has both physical and online filing systems. The assistant will update both systems by removing folders and documents no longer needed.
Key Communication Tasks
- Every year we need to contact members of the organisation regarding payment of membership fees. The assistant will create invoices and email members, as well as write to thank those who pay their fees.
- Jubilee Scotland has a Facebook page and a Twitter account. The assistant will help with social media communication on both platforms.
- We host and participate in events, stunts and activities. The assistant will support the Campaign Director in various ways during such events, including with communication about the core values of Jubilee Scotland.
- Ability to work independently under appropriate supervision
- Good organisational skills
- A flexible approach to working
- Experience with filing
- Experience with social media
Additional informationJubilee Scotland will provide appropriate supervision it is key that the Communications and Admin Assistant can work independently. The Communications and Admin Assistant will also occasionally be asked to assist the Campaign Director for events.