Dundee Independent Advocacy Support
Charity registered in Scotland SC027180
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAim is to provide high quality, independent, advocacy for people in the City of Dundee with learning/mental health difficulties, physical disability, dementia and for older people.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon- Fri
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
Typical work activities
• developing new fundraising ideas and events
• organising and helping with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, raffles, house-to-house and street collections
• support the volunteer coordinator in recruiting coordinating and training volunteers supporting DIAS fundraising initiatives
• approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations
• support the manager in the development and implementation of a fund-raising strategy
• develop a database of fund-raising activities for future reference
Development of Social Media
• develop existing DIAS Facebook
• increase number of FB followers to minimum of 500?
• Create a DIAS twitter account
• Create a regular publishing schedule for both FB & twitter
• Use all social media platforms to increase DIAS public awareness
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
• develop a social media strategy and to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
• manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Website and Instagram
• write engaging blog posts and articles
• create engaging multimedia content and/or outsource this effectively
• Any other tasks to support staff in DIAS team
• All admin directly related to both fundraising and social media development roles
Post: Fundraising & social media development
• Social media qualification
Skills & Knowledge
• Computer skills – familiarity with IT packages, especially Microsoft Office and the internet.
• The ability to deal with enquiries via phone, mail, e-mail and person to person.
• Experience of event planning
• The ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• The ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Good attention to detail
• Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
• Good communication skills – written and oral.
• A good grasp of the English language (spelling and grammar)
• The ability to interact with other team members and use initiative for problem solving.
• Enthusiasm and a willingness and eagerness to learn new skills.
• Dependability, reliability and consistent ability to produce high quality/quantity of work.
• Methodical and thorough approach to work
• A systematic approach to work.
• Flexibility and willingness to accept change.
• The ability to work to procedures
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership