- Kidz-Eco CIC
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 9 till 5 (one hour for lunch). Possibly late night till 8
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Monday to Sunday (5 days from 7)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour
Kidzeco is a successful and well-established social enterprise based in West Lothian with stores in Bathgate and Livingston providing affordable, high quality pre-loved children’s goods to families in our communities.
As part of our new initiative ‘Kidz ‘n Kin’ we are creating a community space incorporating a small café, soft play and a plethora of play, learning and health educational activities for the whole family.
As Community Assistant, you will be the first friendly face our guests see when they arrive and you will be responsible for meeting and greeting guests, scheduling appointments and taking care of their needs.
You should be experienced in customer service, administration and have excellent communication skills. In addition, you will be great at multi-tasking, be able to work under pressure and have a positive outlook in life.
Working from our new community space ‘Kidz ‘n Kin’, based in The Centre, Livingston, the duties and responsibilities of the post will be:
- To assist the Community Assistant and Community Development Officer in the operational delivery of community programmes and activities and cover in their absence.
- To assist the Community Assistant in development of volunteers to ensure that they contribute successfully to the programmes and activities.
- To fulfil any relevant administration processes to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- To deal politely, enthusiastically and professionally with enquiries made by members of the public either in person, by phone, e-mail or other means.
- To assist the Community Assistant to ensure that the arrangements are made for the opening, closing and preparation of Kidz ‘n Kin before and after lettings and all areas are kept clean, well maintained and any damage is reported.
-To attend team meetings as required.
-To attend any relevant training.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage your own workload to meet objectives
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to deal sensitively and develop good working relationships with colleagues and programme participants
- Experience of working with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email programmes
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Positive personality
- Ability to be flexible
Additional informationSmart appearance and good communication skills are essential for this post. Training will be provided.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership