Cairn Housing Association Ltd
Charity registered in Scotland SC016647
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesCairn Housing Association has for over 30 years served a wide variety of communities throughout Scotland offering a range of affordable housing and related services. Our Care and Support Service also enables people who live in some of our properties to continue to live independently. With over 3,000 homes under management and offices in Edinburgh, Inverness, Glasgow, Coatbridge and Thurso, we address housing needs of people in both urban and rural areas, including older people and those who need specialised support.
- Job number
- 22 Hopetoun Street
- Time of attendance
- Within normal office hours. Can be agreed with successful applicant.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Shifts are split into full (7 hours) and half days (3.5 hours). Specific shifts would be agreed with successful applicant.
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
The Customer Services Advisor Trainee will have an opportunity to learn and participate in the full role and responsibilities of our contact centre team:
- Ensure the day to day delivery of a customer focussed and effective service which provides an excellent first point of contact service to all Cairn customers.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of channel shift and income management campaigns
- Take ownership of enquiries into the contact centre and ensure that customers are provided with accurate information and that they are able to access the services and advice they require with minimum effort.
- Keep abreast of any changes to policies which may affect the advice provided to customers and to maintain excellent working relationships with front-line staff within the organisation ensuring that customer focus and service is maintained as the key priority.
- Contribute to the improvement of service delivery by sharing experiences and ideas for improving the service with the Senior Customer Services Advisor.
- Undertake administrative duties. Such duties may include processing of housing application forms, customer profiling forms or other administrative duties such as franking of mail, particularly during quieter times.
- Resolve and complete all enquiries and transactions telephone, face to face, electronic, letter or text wherever possible without referral to another source.
- Efficiently handle the peaks and troughs in workload associated with housing enquiries and reactive maintenance calls.
- Accurately record, store and input information into relevant ICT systems and ensure all records and systems are up to date.
- Consistently deliver customer service targets and service standard targets as specified
- Be proactive in liaising with other teams and external agencies to ensure appropriate information and advice is available for customers.
- Promote & maintain excellent customer relationships, adopting a customer focused approach at all times
- Uphold the Company’s standing as a body providing public services in a professional, competent, helpful and polite manner.
- Contribute to the work of other teams as you get the opportunity to explore other areas and interests during your placement.
As a trainee position we don't anticipate that all candidates will have relevant skills and experience and developing these will be part of the experience of working at Cairn. The most important qualities will be an enthusiasm for talking on the phone and helping people. Additional skills would be advantageous in:
Good attention to detail
Good IT skills
Good customer service skills and telephone manner
Ability to maintain accurate records
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received