Coatbridge Citizens Advice Bureau
Charity registered in Scotland SC017271
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon - Wed (7 hours) Fri mornings (4 hours)
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21
1. Employer: Coatbridge Citizens Advice Bureau.
3.First point of contact in the bureau either face to face or by telephone dealing with our clients which will support the Advice Support Manager and the frontline and specialist staff in order to maintain the smooth day to day running of a regular public service.
• Answering phones (being the first contact of Citizens Advice, taking messages, e mailing staff if a client wants a call back)
• Monitoring our e mail inbox for enquiries and referring them onto the relevant persons
• Greeting our clients, identifying if they are drop in or appointments and getting them to complete a data protection sheet, checking if there is a computer record for them and if not set one up with identity details
• Monitoring our waiting area to ensure no clients are overlooked and advise the Office Manager of potential bottlenecks so we can use more staff to clear enquiries
• Monitoring our bookings for the meeting room, using diaries to book appointments
• Shredding our client information after scanning onto our computer system
• Pick up the mail from our mail room, open, stamp it and allocate it to relevant staff
• Photocopying and faxing as required by advisers
• Use the franking machine to ensure correct postage is used as costings are important to us
Will report directly to the Advice Support Manager and Bureau Manager for 25 hours a week.
Key skills required.
• Good computer skills with a knowledge of word and Microsoft Outlook
• Data Input
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Ability to take messages for Bureau
• Legible handwriting for taken messages
• Good communication and customer service skills
• A welcoming manner when dealing with clients.
• Non judgemental
• Adhere to Confidentiality
• Good telephone manner
• Basic office skills including filing, photocopying, shredding etc.
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good team player
• Ensuring that office "housekeeping" tasks are performed effectively as directed.
• Undertake any training necessary to assist in the development of the organisation and personal development.
Additional informationThe Postholder should be educated with a good command of English Good organisational skills Good communication skills Able to work as part of a team Reliable and punctual A flexible approach to the post Good sense of humour