Midlothian Sure Start
Charity registered in Scotland SC031038
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo promote social inclusion through a positive start in young people's lives, personal growth and development of the very youngest children ( 0-3 ) before they start pre-school education, community based, family focused, support to parents through a variety of mechanisms to strengthen parents ability and maximise their childrens potential
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon-Thurs 8:30am-4:30pm Friday 8:30am-1:30pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
General Administrative Tasks
In conjunction with the other members of the administrative team:
1. Provide a reception and information service, including dealing with general enquiries from members of the centre, users and the public, and dealing with telephone enquiries.
2. Provide typing support to other areas of Midlothian Sure Start. This includes the typing of reports, minutes, correspondence and leaflets.
3. Open, check and record incoming mail, distribute and process outgoing mail.
4. Monitor stock control of stationery requirements.
5. Carry out general clerical tasks related to the operation of the organisation such as maintaining a filing system, photocopying/duplicating.
6. Maintain information systems, as required, including the operation of computerised databases, or word processing systems.
7. Carry out general clerical tasks related to the operation of the organisation when required as negotiated with the Business Support Manager.
8. Attend meetings as required.
9. Attend regular support and supervision with the Business Support Manager.
10. Any other duties arising and pertaining to the post.
We are looking for an individual who has the following:
A positive can-do attitude.
Willingness to learn.
Excellent computer skills ( Microsoft Word/Excel is required, Google Drive/Social Media desirable)
Excellent Customer Service and Telephone Manner
Good Time Keeper
Is not afraid to ask questions.
Additional informationAll Candidates will need to have a basic Police Disclosure completed.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received