Handicabs (Lothian) Limited
Charity registered in Scotland SC013906
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo provide transport for disabled and/or elderly people in Lothian region.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
DRIVER ASSISTANT DUTIES
• To provide any necessary assistance for passengers before, during, or after travel, consistent with their transport needs.
• To utilise the equipment provided correctly to ensure passengers travel safely and comfortably.
• Assist the driver with the daily upkeep of their vehicle and equipment (and other vehicles when required), including basic maintenance and cleanliness.
• Assist the driver with paperwork and administration, including fares collection from passengers and delivery of fares and drivers sheets to the office.
• Undertake relief driving after 6 months, if appropriate and mutually aggreeable
• To undertake any induction and in-service training programme as required.
• Contact by mobile phone is required.
• Candidates must be over 21 years of age and hold a full driving licence with up to a maximum of 3 points for at least two years with a B entitlement.
• Good communication skills are essential.
• The ability to relate to elderly and/or disabled people.
• Candidates will be required to be a member of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme, paid for by the Company where required.
Additional informationThe candidate will have to complete first aid, manual handling and disability awareness training. Opportunity for further training eg MiDAS (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) training.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership