Charity registered in Scotland SC011052
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesEdinburgh Cyrenians Trust was formed in 1968 by local people out of concern for the evident problem of homelessness in Scotland’s capital city. Key areas of work include: - Family & people - Home & housing - Work & skills - Community & food Projects include the Cyrenian Farm and Fareshare Edinburgh & Lothians.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Five days out of seven including weekend and evening work.
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
The successful candidate will hold the role of Catering Assistant within our new and exciting Café and Events space at Arnotdale House in Dollar Park, Falkirk.
The role holder will take on a number of key duties in supporting the Chefs to ensure the kitchen functions correctly.
This will include:
• Basic food preparation such as cleaning and cutting meat, fish and vegetables.
• Ensure the chef is equipped with the food and tools they need/require.
• Prepare, plate up and serve food to customers.
• Operate a number of kitchen appliances and equipment.
• Work in the ‘front-of-house’, serving customers food and working on the till, cash handling etc.
• Assist with deliveries and storage of stock, stock control and stock taking.
• Clear tables and ensure the kitchen area, food deli cabinets, café area and any other areas relevant to the catering team are clean and tidy.
• Ensure kitchen hygiene standards are maintained at all times to the levels required by the Head Chef and in line with food and hygiene standards.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed whilst complying with the statutory, Fire, Health and Safety regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service through a happy, warm, friendly and helpful attitude.
• Ensure high levels of personal hygiene are kept to at all times.
• Assist with in-house catering functions.
• Help out with any cleaning duties during quiet times.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure
• Stamina and enthusiasm
• Ability to work quickly but efficiently
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and an eye for detail
• Good communication skills
• High standards of personal hygiene
• An interest in food and catering
• Possible previous experience in a similar role
• The ability to accurately process information/sales through the till system with a good standard of numeracy
• Excellent customer service skills
• REHIS elementary food hygiene certificate desirable but training can be provided
• Able to work flexible hours in line with the requirements of the service
• Able to use word, excel and outlook to a competent level but additional training can be provided if needed.
• Previous experience in event delivery desirable
• Previous experience of working within voluntary sector desirable
• Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and a good team player.
Additional informationArnotdale House is a social enterprise. Cyrenians supports people excluded from community, work, family, housing. Candidates must show compassion, tolerance, respect and understanding to people from all walks of life.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received