The Carrick Centre
Charity registered in Scotland SC041794
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe Carrick Centre comprises new community facilities and incorporates a modern church, with a separate dedicated youth facility on the site. Aims: To work for a safe and sustainable environment • To work for all age groups • To build community capacity • To promote healthy living • To combat deprivation • To promote and support volunteering • To promote lifelong learning •To play a part in making Maybole a destination for tourists and visitors Facilities include: Youth Centre • Soft Play area • Community space • Café • Multi Purpose/Games Area • Church/Auditorium • Function/Meeting Rooms
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 5 days in 7
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- 9-2pm or 12-5pm
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour
The employee will work within the supportive environment of the Centre taking part in a variety of work such as:
- Working within community kitchen to assist chef to prepare food, help to clean, and operate dishwasher.
- Serving in community cafe, taking orders, serving food.
-Providing excellent customer service.
- housekeeping responsibilities such as cleaning, mopping, vacuuming etc
- Learning to cook one day per week in our training kitchen to transfer skills to community cafe.
- Set up for functions and community events.
Must be friendly and polite and enjoy working as part of a team.
Additional informationThis post is ideal for an individual to develop soft skills such as confidence, independence and communication. We have supports in place to help with literacy, numeracy etc