Charity registered in Scotland SC020069
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSaheliya aims to provide a flexible range of services that support the mental health and wellbeing of Black and Minority Ethnic women in Edinburgh. We offer counselling, couple counselling, befriending, complementary therapies. We can also offer training on race, culture and gender to organisations.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
• Answer the telephone and ensure that incoming phone calls are appropriately directed
• Manage and maintain Saheliya Play & Learn Centre systems.
• Ensuring childcare registers are all up to date.
• Producing staff rotas
• Arrange booking for inductions for Saheliya Play & Learn Centre
• Liaise with parents/carers regarding general issues
• Ensuring GDPR is correctly managed
• Update social media relating to Saheliya Play & Learn Centre. (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
• Take minutes of staff meetings, type and print for records
• Provide basic IT support including the use of the internet and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Liaise with other staff to ensure Saheliya Play & Learn Centre runs smoothly
• General organisational admin duties including writing letters and photocopying
• Uphold and promote Saheliya’s & Saheliya Play & Learn Centre ethos to support the empowerment of BME women.
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality in all areas of work
• Carry out other appropriate duties that further the aims of Saheliya Play & Learn Centre
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work efficiently and prioritise tasks
• Integrity and reliability
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to use a computer
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Commitment to equal opportunities and human rights
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Willingness to take part in continuing professional development opportunities relating to Saheliya Play & Learn Centre.
• Ability to speak African dialects or West African languages or Amharic, Arabic, French, Somali, Swahili, Tigrinya or any other ethnical language
• Experience of working in an administrative role
• Experience in Microsoft office including word, excel and database
• Experience of administrative duties in a voluntary sector setting
• Experience of working with vulnerable people
• An understanding of the policy context Saheliya and Saheliya Play & Learn Centre works within
• Childcare knowledge or experience
Additional informationThe Equality Act 2010 (part 1, Schedule 9) applies to all of Saheliya's posts. Applications are therefore restricted to female candidates only. All posts are subject to enhanced checks by Disclosure Scotland.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership