Stirlingshire Voluntary Enterprise Ltd
Charity registered in Scotland SC041875
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesStirlingshire Voluntary Enterprise is the name of the new organisation which has been registered to represent the Third Sector. Stirling Volunteer Centre and CVS came together in Feb 2011 to form Stirling Third First, now known as Stirlingshire Voluntary Enterprise. The Company's object is to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to support existing third sector organisations by establishing and sharing intelligence on the sector and ensuring that its interests are represented; advocating on its behalf and enabling positive partnerships within and across sectors; assisting organisations to present a coherent case for investment, and supporting and promoting social enterprise activity; building the capacity of organisations and providing infrastructure support services; promoting, supporting and developing volunteering activity for individuals and the organisations with whom they work.
- Job number
- Forthside Way
- Time of attendance
- To be determined between successful employee and SVE but within the scope of Monday- Friday 9:00- 17:30. Some evening work may be required but employee will receive TOIL.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- 9.00 per hour
1. Working with SVE’s Administration team to assist in daily office needs which may include screening phone calls and transferring to the appropriate team member, greeting and assisting visitors to the organisation, minute taking of team meetings, photocopying and filing.
2. To undertake administration tasks in relation to the development and review of volunteering policies.
3. With support from the Development and Engagement Officer, to assist in the monitoring and analysis of SVE’s brokering service for the recruitment and retention of volunteers with Volunteer Involving Organisations.
4.To assist with the administration of research in conjunction with the Development and Engagement Officer, in new innovative systems to engage with organisations to recruit volunteers.
5. Helping to set up and analyse user surveys.
6. Assisting with practical arrangements for GDPR.
7. Performing all other duties reasonable to this post
8 Actively engage in individual and team professional development activities
9. Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a resource efficient manner
10.Adhere to SVE policies and practices, and actively support and promote the SVE vision, mission and objectives.
1. Educated to Higher Level or equivalent level of writing and numeracy gained in a busy office environment
2. Experience or knowledge of digital communications
3. Good communication skills including proof reading, editing skills and attention to detail.
4. Strong administrative skills and a methodical approach to handling tasks and
5. Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector
6. Ability to work well in a team, but also able to work independently
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and its component parts and using the web for information gathering.
8. Experience of the following software would be desirable, but not essential : twitter, snapchat, facebook
Additional informationMust be smart, presentable and be able to represent SVE positively at all times There will be a three month probationary period and one month’s notice if the applicant is not suitable. Benefits include holiday allowance