Dean and Cauvin Young People's Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC013890
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesDean and Cauvin Young People's Trust is one of Edinburgh's oldest charities, established in 1733. We provide residential services to young people in care, a mother and baby residential unit, a teenage fostering service and an aftercare support service.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Flexible to be agreed. Mostly 10-3, Monday to Friday.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
1. To support the activities of the fundraising group
2. To work across the organisation to identify new opportunities to grow our supporter base
3. To help gather case studies to help with our fundraising activities
4. To help with the administration of our fundraising activities
5. To help maintain contact with existing supporters and funders
6. To make new contacts and represent the trust to individuals,
community groups and companies
7. To work directly with young people to involve them in the fundraising activity of the organisation
8. To work across the Trust’s services, attend team meeting and engage them in the fundraising activities
9. To undertake desk research to identify new activities and opportunities
10. To come up with new and innovative ways of growing our supporter base
11. To learn and comply with our legal responsibilities including safeguarding, health and safety, data protection and equal opportunities
12. To take part in training, support and supervision and a wide range of professional development opportunities.
13. To assist with the smooth running of the office.
We are looking for an outgoing, approachable and self-motivated member of staff. You must be committed to improving the lives of children and young people. Although no formal qualifications or work experience are required for the post the applicant will need very good communication skills. Experience of fundraising would be advantageous. It would also be desirable if you had good IT skills and experience of using a computer and a range of social media platforms. It is essential that you can demonstrate the following attributes:
• Ability to learn and take part in new activities
• Ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative
• Ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
• Good presentation skills
• Good listening skills
• Self-awareness and a willingness to ask for help if you need it.
Additional informationAlthough this is a time limited post there is the possibility of extension.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received