Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire (SCIO)
Charity registered in Scotland SC028103
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesVoluntary Action East Renfrewshire aims to empower people and communities through the development of volunteering and voluntary action. Our vision in an East Renfrewshire where people can work together to shape their communities. This can only be achieved by valuing the uniqueness of every individual and their contribution; whilst creating the conditions for participation.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 5 days
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Mon - Fri (between) 9am - 9pm Occasional evening and weekends Hours to be agreed with supervision
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 depending on age
VAER vision is an East Renfrewshire where people can work together to shape their communities. We encourage East Ren wide conversations, supporting local people to share their stories and experiences and influence planning, design and delivery of local services.
We are looking for a fun, proactive and eager to learn Digital Participation Researcher to support our team in developing new ways for local people to have their say and influence local decision making.
If you are looking to gain experience of research, service design and the third sector within a close and supportive team with a strong commitment to teamwork and community then we would love to hear from you.
• Plan and carry out research of online methods, platforms, tools and innovations to engaging and securing wider and more informed participation in local decision making;
• Undertake online and face-to-face research with local people and organisations to understand how they currently engage online, and to identify needs, and opportunities for improvements;
• Support involvement of staff and local people in developing and testing ideas using service design approach and tools;
• Develop links with local and national organisations from across sectors;
• Training and other duties appropriate to the job may be required from time to time.
• Passion and creative approach to research
• Ability to confidently write
• Good communications skills, including phone and face-to-face
• Good IT skills and understanding of digital world
• Willingness to learn new skills and software
Additional informationTraining in all aspects of this role are available internally and externally