Charity registered in Scotland SC044265
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesWe are a community-led organisation that aims to advance education by honing and incentivising community entrepreneurial skills, building links or co-operating with appropriate education authorities and further education centres in order to encourage and improve the access and life chances of all our users, especially the young and adults of African & other Minority Ethnic Communities who are often disadvantaged as a result of disillusionment, lack of opportunities, social & cultural seclusion or even financial deprivation. Hope Amplified is run by a management committee comprising of 6 members and over 20 volunteers.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Days/Times to be agreed with supervision
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Ensure an effective and smooth-running finance function.
2. Ensure accurate recording of all finance related tasks
3. Ensure good communication with donors and maintain current data Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Assist with updating and maintain filing and other systems.
Finances – general
1. Assist with finance matters as instructed
2. Record all income received to the charity on our computerised system;
3. Electronically back up all documents relating to income and expenditure.
4. Check all expenditure claims for authorisation.
5. Prepare list of payees each week.
6. Update and maintain a bank analysis of all income and expenditure
7. Cross checking audit documents and back-up.
8. Assist with preparation for year-end audit Invoicing
1. Send out invoices to customers, members and others
2. Check invoice queries
3. Send out invoices to customers
4. Chase up outstanding invoices to ensure that there is no more than 3 months outstanding.
5. Prepare regular invoicing reports as requested.
6. Assist with sales of publications, advertising etc.
7. Assist with securing advertisers for wall planner, directory and annual report.
1. Maintain gift aid records
2. Process gift aid reclaims
3. Thank donors via email and via certificates
1. Assist with archiving of past records and maintain filing systems.
2. Update all members, donor details.
1. Prepare regular reports as required.
2. Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
3. Undertake any other duties relevant to the post. Equal opportunities Be actively committed to Hope Amplified and equal opportunities policy. Health & safety Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, all employees are required to take care of their own health and that of other employees in complying with their statutory duties.
Person specificationNot supplied
Additional informationFor all posts successful candidates will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and Disclosure Scotland documents. Hope Amplified is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership