- Awaz Fm
Aims & objectivesAwaz FM community radio is a voice of Glasgow's community and of all faiths. Awaz FM serves the Asian population in Glasgow, broadcasting in Urdu, Punjabi and English delivering entertainment, news local, national and community information in a bi-lingual format.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday 10.00 to 5.00
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
• meeting and liaising with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements;
• working with agency colleagues to devise an advertising campaign that meets the client's brief and budget;
• presenting, alongside agency colleagues (particularly the account manager), the campaign ideas and budget to the client;
• liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and advertising agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively;
• negotiating with clients about the details of campaigns;
• presenting creative work to clients for approval or modification;
• handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients;
• writing client reports;
• monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns;
• undertaking administration tasks;
• arranging and attending meetings;
• making 'pitches', along with other agency staff, to try to win new business for the agency
Knowledge of -
Computer literate with a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office package.
Working as part of a team and on own initiative.
Responding to queries and simple problem solving.
Courage, confidence, empathy, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, integrity, takes initiative, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate
• They are responsible for the coordination of advertising campaigns and therefore communicating skills is essential.
• They must understand their clients' needs and objectives and liaise closely with them throughout campaigns, often on a daily basis. They manage administrative and campaign work and ensure that advertising projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Exceptional presentation skills
Strong sales-based numerical, financial and analytical skills
Negotiating/sales acumen skills (desirable)
Ability to report succinctly/verbally
Must be flexible in approach to working hours and expect a degree of out of hours and weekend working.
Intellectually robust with a good standard of education with at least 5 C/GCSE’s or equivalent.
Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organised and
flexible approach to work.
Effective listening, verbal and written communication
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills,
with the ability to communicate effectively with a
diverse range of people, establishing and maintaining
effective working relationships.
Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet
Ability to design and process a wide range of
documents in accordance with instruction and house
style, paying attention to detail.
Respect for the autonomy and rights of service users.
Ability to relate well colleagues, Trustees and members
of the public.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Personal style and characteristics –
A mature and professional manner.
Commitment to providing a high quality of service.
Professional and friendly manner.
Open minded, down to earth, proactive and bright.
Ability to learn quickly about the business and a
willingness to learn.
Work effectively as a team player.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.