- Alive & Kicking Project
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- TBC - through Mon - Fri only
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
RESPONSIBLE TO: SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
The post holder will assist the Projects care giving to its registered members by
• Being cognisant of the established Care standards and regime.
• Responding to the wishes and requests of members in accordance with that regime
• Protecting the rights and promote the interests of members
• Striving to establish and maintain the trust of members and their families
• Promoting the members independence whilst protecting them from danger or harm
• Respecting the members rights whilst seeking to ensure that their behaviours do not harm themselves or other people
The Support Worker will operate as part of a team consisting of the Senior Support Worker, a number of volunteers and external instructors, who deliver person centred care to the active elderly and those with a disability who are members of the Alive & Kicking Project. Specifically they will:
1. Accompany members on transports to and from the Centre and to external venues and activities.
2. Adhere to established health and safety procedures at all times.
3. Assist in laying out activity areas in the Centre based on different configurations.
4. Take part in the range of activities enjoyed by the members
5. Contribute to the weekly team meetings
6. Undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, poster writing.
7. Carry out any other duties which are reasonably aligned with this job description and are instructed by the post’s line management
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership