- Make Do and Grow CIC
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 4 days Tues-Fri, plus either Saturday or Sunday, 5 hrs a day worked on a rota between 9:30am - 5pm, with half hour unpaid lunch break.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
The Back Room/Shop Assistant will be required to:
- Assist in the development of our back room stock sorting and distribution processes.
- Receive and sort donations
- Manage stock for recycling and use in our creative workshop
- Manage stock for distribution through partner organisations
- Create an organised and ordered back room storage facility.
- Rotate stock and facilitate seasonal changes in the shop.
- Restock and organise the shop floor
- Serve customers in the shop
- Operate the till, including card payments and cash handling.
- Assist with creating shop and window displays
- Other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the back room and the shop.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent sorting and organisational skills
- Ability to implement processes and record information
- An understanding of children's clothing and toys would be beneficial.
- Good literacy and basic IT skills
- Good numeracy
- Willingness to learn and an interest in developing their own skills, and
- A positive and friendly attitude.
- Able to use initiative.
Additional informationThis role is focussed primarily on the donations and stock sorting facility of the back room, however, we would be keen to develop the right young person into working on the shop floor/ retail side as well.