- PKAVS Mental Wellbeing Services
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. 10am – 2pm per working day. This may include unsociable hours (i.e. weekends/evenings). Management may request changes during staffing absence.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- To be agreed with supervision
- Salary (£/hr)
PKAVS is a leading charity in Perth & Kinross, enhancing lives and connecting communities through diverse services in the areas of Carers, Mental Wellbeing, Minority Communities, Third Sector support and Volunteering. Every year PKAVS enhances the lives of over 5,000 local people, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals. PKAVS is also the Third Sector Interface for Perth & Kinross, supporting and developing the Third Sector and enhancing the Sector’s role in Community Planning.
PKAVS Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub provides community-based and outcomes-focussed support for adults recovering from mental ill health. With services in Perth City and the rural town of Blairgowrie, our Hub offers a diverse range of activities spanning areas such horticulture, joinery, arts & crafts, catering and physical/nutritional health. Activities support clients on their recovery journey, producing positive outcomes in relation to health & wellbeing, knowledge and life opportunities, independence and self-confidence.
The Cafe is run as a social enterprise therefore creating revenue for PKAVS Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub. We are looking for a motivated person to assist the Chef in the day to day running of the cafe within the Walled Garden, Muirhall Road, Perth. You will be working as part of a small, supportive and dynamic staff team. You will be dealing with customers, preparing food for consumption on the premises and for outside catering and maintaining high standards of kitchen hygiene. You will work alongside a team of volunteers to provide a high standard of service to the public.
1. Assisting in the preparation of foods for cafe service.
2. Maintaining kitchen and environment (toilets/ changing rooms / laundry) in compliance with statutory food hygiene regulations, and compliance of PKAVS Health and Safety.
3. Cash handling.
4. High standard of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be reliable and have positive work ethic.
2. To use initiative and treat customers to a high standard of service.
3. Supporting the Chef in ensuring that all health and safety and fire regulations are met within the café (training provided).
4. Take customer orders and work closely with volunteers to ensure good customer service.
5. Dealing with sales from the café, shop and garden.
6. Ensuring fridges are stocked and tables/public areas are clean and tidy.
7. Must have or be willing to obtain a food hygiene certificate.
8. Supporting internal and external catering order.
9. Supporting the wider team and activity areas if and when required.
10. Supporting and covering any staff absence within the café.
1. Carry out the duties of the post within PKAVS policies and procedures.
2. Participate in regular team meetings where required.
3. Undertake any other duties necessary to further the aims and objectives of the service.
4. Undertake relevant training to support the post.
This job description is broad-based and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties as it is recognised that jobs change over time. Should the duties change significantly, the post and salary level will be fully reviewed.
E1 An interest in working within a catering/ cooking environment.
E2 Ability to undertake general administration tasks e.g. recording customer feedback, placing orders, answering telephone.
E3 The ability to engage sensitively with people with mental health issues; a good understanding of recovery.
E4 The ability to interact well with the general public.
E5 Good listening, verbal, organisational, time-management and written communication skills.
E6 Ability to use initiative, organise own workload and work under the Chef’s instruction.
E7 Commitment to stakeholder/ customer satisfaction.
E8 Ability to work as part of a committed staff team.
D1 First Aid Certificate.
D2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
D3 Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages eg Word, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher etc.
D4 Practical awareness of basic Health and Safety legislation, including food hygiene.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership