Rock Community Church
Charity registered in Scotland SC042716
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 6pm Friday 11am - 3pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
The role of the Cafe Assistant is to support the Cafe Coordinator and fulfill the following duties:
• Offering customers a friendly, welcoming and high standard of customer service and care.
• Service of hot and cold beverages, cakes and other food items.
• Food preparation.
• Operating till and money handling.
• Assisting with cleaning within café space including table clearing, removing waste, and clean down after closing.
• Keeping cleaning and temperature records.
• Ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety and food hygiene are maintained.
• Working in line with The Phoenix guidelines and operating procedures.
Such other tasks as the Management Committee or line manager may from time to time require.
• Sympathetic to the aims of the church and centre
• Friendly and engaging personality
• Excellent standards of personal presentation and smart appearance
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work alongside others, taking instruction when needed
• Ability to work in an active environment including stocking shelves, caryring trays, being on feet for long periods
• Ability to relate to a range of people and situations
• Ability to communicate well to colleagues and public
• Ability to work on own initiative including managing workload priorities
• Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a team
• Ability to adapt flexibly within a fast paced working environment
• High degree of enthusiasm, integrity, and problem solving skills
• Understanding of the issues that affect disenfranchised communities
• Keen interest in hospitality industry and /or food and drinks
• Experience of working within a café/restaurant/catering setting
• Experience of till operation and cash handling.
• Food hygiene training/qualifications
• Barista training
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership