Charity registered in Scotland SC017206
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo promote the christian aims and purposes of the YMCA movement through the development and maintenance of quality programmes which respond to unmet needs of the community,
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 25 hours over Monday to Saturday anytime from 10am to 9pm with 2 days off per week.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- After the induction the trainee youth worker will for the most part have a set shift mainly evening and weekends.
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
1. To organise, plan and deliver digital issue based youth work in Paisley
2. To work directly with young people through centre based/outreach and group work sessions and create technology projects.
3. To maintain daily records of contacts and work undertaken with young people for the purposes of evaluation, case studies and reports to funders.
4. To represent Paisley YMCA Association at relevant local community and national events, conferences and meetings.
5. Participation in Paisley YMCA meetings on national and international conferences and residential events as approved by the Board.
6. Other tasks appropriate to the role of the Digital Youth worker as required by the Board and youth manager.
7. To develop and under take training in line with youth work activity.
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion to support young people who are full of enthusisum and fun and have a welcoming approch and personality with a desire to gain experience in youth work and commitment to the job so must be flexible as this is not a 9-5 position who are reliable and have a common sense approach to their work. We also requier the candatated to have an inrest in technology, internet, socail media digital and ICT development.
Additional informationif you have skills or experiance in digital youth work relating to music making, stage events, gaming, coding, design, social media, mobile app or like to develop ides into reality using technology then we want creative digital thinkers like you.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership