Community Housing Advocacy Project ( Chap )
Charity registered in Scotland SC028100
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo provide information and advice on a range of housing issues and procedures at a local level. To offer support and advocacy services on housing and related issues to those in the community that are most vulnerable. To provide an intermediate link between the community and the housing authorities.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Hours to be agreed - office opening hours
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 depending on age
1. Answering the telephone and as appropriate: taking messages when required, logging calls, making appointments
2. Meet and greet clients and visitors courteously when required.
3. Opening, logging and distribution of incoming mail. Recording outgoing mail.
4. Recording and maintaining information on databases. Knowledge of MS Access is essential
5. General filing of office documents, maintaining filing systems.
6. Photocopying and printing duties.
7. Updating the main office diary with training details, staff appointments, etc.
8. Letter typing, word processing and filing of documents.
9. Sending & receiving of e-mails. Forwarding e-mails, attaching documents to e-mails.
10. Other basic administration duties as required by the post.
11. The employee must adhere to Confidentiality and the organisation policies and procedures at all times.
Relevant experience in admin environment
Good standard of education
Ability to communicate orally
Effective writing skills, with the ability to draft correspondence
A team player
Good listening skills
Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality
Excellent organisational skills
Involvement in the Voluntary sector
Ability to develop promotional materials
Ability to identify own training needs