Charity registered in Scotland SC037742
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesKintyre Recycling Ltd is a social firm working in recycling with two main criteria; 1. to provide waste management services and access recycling facilities to a disadvantaged area in Argyll and Bute. Currently contracted by the council to pick up and recycle Cardboard, Cans, Paper, Plastics, Textiles, and Printer Cartridges. 2. to provide employment of persons with special needs and learning difficulties. Currently provide employment, workplace support and assessment for 12 therapeutic and full time workers.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 9.30am - 3.00pm - Monday -Friday - there can be flexibility
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15- £8.21 per hour depending on age
Job Title: Furniture Assistant
Working for: Kintyre Recycling Ltd
Main office: 67,Glebe Street, Campbeltown, Argyll PA28 6LR
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Location: KRL Furniture shop
Tel: 01586 551511 Rate of Pay: National Minimum Wage according to age
Hours of work: 16 – 25 hours per week for 52 weeks
Eligibility: 18- 24 years
Some weekend working may be required
This is a 52 week funded placement provided by Community Jobs Scotland
Responsible to: Business Manager and Furniture Supervisor
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to have an enthusiastic nature and a ‘hands on’ attitude.
Main Job Functions and Activities
• To help to deliver high quality reused furniture
• To help with the collection and delivery of furniture and other reuse items.
• To help to undertake the repair and upcycling of furniture
• To help ensure that the stock is presented as high quality and attractive to customers.
• To adhere to Health and Safety Requirements and ensure that procedures are followed
• To undergo appropriate training to assist in the delivery of the project.
Desirable Experience and Abilities
• Able to communicate effectively
• An interest and skills in furniture repair and upcycling with creative ideas and skills
• Basic IT skills and a willingness to learn new skills
• Positive and friendly approach to staff colleagues, volunteers and wider public
• Interest in the aims and objectives of the project.
If you require further information please contact Business Manager, Amanda Thorburn
Kintyre Recycling Ltd, 67 Glebe Street. Campbeltown Argyll PA28 6LR
Tel: 01586 553858
Scottish Charity Reg.No.SC037742.
Person specificationNot supplied