Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
Charity registered in Scotland SC018761
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesChest Heart & Stroke Scotland is an independent medical charity which improves the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, influencing public policy, advice and information, and the provision of support in the community for people who suffer from these illnesses
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
• Clearing emails from Recruitment/HR inboxes
• Answering phone calls – internal and external people.
• Responding to and processing Recruitment emails
• Support the interview process – sending shortlisting to the panel, sending out invites, creating/sending the interview packs and scanning the completed packs
• Making up the starter forms for successful applicants – including Personal Details, HMRC starter checklist, Eligibility to work in the UK document and completing the new employee checklist
• Updating recruitment databases - such as the Sickness Absence, Probation Tracker, Sage HR etc.
Contracts and Amended Terms
• Preparing contracts, Amended Terms Forms and completing our processes through the checklist.
Administration, Payroll and Systems
• Assist the HR operations team to ensure files are up to date and accurate.
• Assist in providing Finance and / or Payroll with information accurately and timeously to ensure all staff are paid according to contract.
• Assist in ensuring all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the Finance Service, for example; contractual variations, new starters, leavers, contractual benefits and staff benefits.
• Assist in accurately calculate leave and other contractual entitlements.
Health & Safety
• Handling Accident and Incident Reports, inputting them onto our register.
• Take minutes at Fire Marshals meetings.
• Assist the Organisational Development & Human Resources Lead in arranging meetings.
• Organising and issuing training invitations for staff attending HR&OD led training.
• Assist in updating the online training portal for new employees and leavers and monitor completion.
• Bring to the attention of the line manager any policy, procedure, guidance or communication that needs review or is incorrect.
• Undertake other duties from time to time as directed by the line manager.
• Comply fully with CHSS Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in the CHSS appraisal and support & development process.
• Attend training sessions, continuing professional development and other activities as required.
Education and Knowledge
Passes at Nat 4 grade or above (including English) or equivalent.
Willing to undertake a Scottish Vocational Qualification and undertake job-related training.
Willingness to obtain administrative/ customer service experience in an office setting.
Skills, Aptitudes, Abilities
Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
Willingness to develop skills in:
o Customer service
o Communication (written and oral)
Good numerical skills.
Have good attention to detail.
Understanding of good team working skills
Understanding of data protection and confidentiality.
Commitment to ethos of the voluntary sector
Ability to be flexible to meet the developing needs of the HR Service.
Additional informationCHSS employees enjoy a variety of organisational benefits including: company pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, company sick pay, health insurance, employee welfare support and life assurance.