West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau
Charity registered in Scotland SC002558
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo ensure that individuals do not suffer through lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities or of the service available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively. To exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services, both locally and nationaly. The CAB service is independent and provides free, confidential, impartial advice to everybody regardless of race, gender, sexuality or disability.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 9-3pm Monday-Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
• Interview clients – listen to the client and let the client explain the problem. Help the client to clarify the issues by exploring the problem and asking questions.
• Give information – use AdviserNet and reference books to find out the correct information.
• Give advice – explain the information to the client and the choices that the client has, so he/she can decide what to do.
• Give practical help – for example filling in forms, doing a benefit calculation, speaking or writing to another agency on behalf of a client.
• Record cases – make a record of the client’s details so that further help can be given if a client returns to the CAB.
• Administration – help out with basic office organisation, e.g. filing case notes, amending information.
Are good listeners
Work well in teams
Can read and write English, and do basic arithmetic
Have good computer skills
Are open minded and don’t judge people or their circumstances
Enjoy helping all kinds of people
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership