Glasgow Film Theatre
Charity registered in Scotland SC005932
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesGlasgow Short Film Festival (GSFF), the largest competitive short film festival in Scotland, champions new film talent by providing an annual showcase and meeting point for emerging Scottish and international filmmakers, industry delegates and the local audience. The Festival Assistant will support the planning, delivery and administration of Glasgow Short Film Festival 2016. GSFF is produced by a tightknit team and this role covers a range of activity across programming, marketing, event management, hospitality and general administrative support.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 depending on age
Alongside this the role has a responsibility for niche marketing, working from an existing database of contacts to promote relevant films and events.
• Assisting with content gathering for marketing of GFT, liaising with film distributors and creating content as needed, eg copy or images.
• Identifying local community and interest groups for niche marketing opportunities.
• Ensuring relevant groups are informed of specific interest titles and special events.
• Promoting special events to new audiences.
• Assisting in the proofing of film copy and other marketing items for GFT eg brochure.
• Assisting with the creation of printed and online marketing material.
• Creating and sending e-newsletters to subscribers.
• Writing content for the website eg blogs or previews, reviews.
• Other marketing duties, as required.
• Experience creating e-newsletters.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including strong proofreading skills.
• Keen attention to detail and a creative eye for good displays.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Friendly, personable team player.
• Competent IT skills.
• Energy and self-motivation.
• Strong problem-solving skills and flexible approach.
• Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about film and festivals.