The New Tannahill Centre Limited
Charity registered in Scotland SC041487
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo provide recreational facilities and to organise recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for persons within Ferguslie Park and its surrounding area in Paisley;
- Job number
- Ferguslie Park
- Time of attendance
- 5 days out of 7, Monday to Friday. office hours but a degree of flexibility will be required for community events
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Mainly between 8am - 6pm Monday to friday
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
1. Positively respond to all customers and visitors to the Tannahill Centre and its café.
Health and safety
2. Participate in Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and other relevant training that ensure both you, your colleagues and our customers stay safe and enjoy high food hygiene standards.
3. Ensure workstations remain clean and contribute to the regular cleaning of the café and kitchen in line with Food Hygiene procedures.
Cooking and catering
4. Work as part of a team to ensure the café, lunch club and event catering is delivered to a high professional standard.
5. Participate in the food assembly process for simple meals and snacks.
6. Participate in essential training (e.g. food hygiene certification, first aid at work etc).
7. Work with the Café Supervisor to identify and pursue other personal development opportunities.
8. Maintain a personal development portfolio, recording learning and achievements whilst working with NTC.
9. Engage in ongoing job searches and CV development.
Have an understanding of what good customer service looks like.
Experience of working as part of a team.
Punctual with excellent time management skills.
Well presented with a high standard of cleanliness.
Good numeracy and literacy skills.
Be able to do medium to heavy work including lifting and moving of equipment.
To work effectively under pressure.
To be able to follow instructions and ask for clarification when needed.
Be well motivated and proactive.
Have a polite and friendly manner.
Have an interest in customer service, food and/ or beverages.
Be able to attend appropriate training as required.
Ability to work shifts.
An understanding of food hygiene and health and safety standards.
Experience of working in a customer service environment.
Interest in the local community and other activities carried out by the Tannahill Centre and its beneficiaries.
Additional informationThis role would suit a community-minded individual, who has an interest in pursuing a career in catering, hospitality and front of house duties. The Tannahill centre will work with the successful candidate on personal development and employability skills