- The Salvation Army
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Between 9am -5pm Mon-Sat
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- 5 x 5 hr shifts
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 -£8.21 depending on age
Job Description: (Sales Assistant)
Overall Purpose: To facilitate and work with staff to create activities that build relationships, develop a sense of purpose and encourage awareness of belonging to a community that they can influence.
Accountable to: Store Manager
Line managed by: Member of staff as designated by Store Manager
Liaison with: Staff and the CJS Coordinator.
Location: Based at a specified Salvation Army Shop
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) To ensure that the high standard of customer service, as expected by the Army, is maintained at all times.
2) To facilitate a weekly programme of appropriate activities under the direction of the store manager.
3) To help maintain a high standard of display, both in the window and inside the shop, that is an aid to increasing sales.
4) To work with other workers and assist with the development of community projects where required.
5) To work within budgetary constraint.
6) To work within Health and Safety and other operational policies
7) Work as part of the staff team employed within the shop to ensure the overall aims of the organisation are achieved.
8) By personal involvement, oversight and co-ordination, to work with other personnel to ensure the activity programme is delivered.
9) Undertake training and further education in accordance with an agreed personalised development plan as deemed necessary.
10) Undertake other duties as requested for the effective running of the shop.
11) To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
12) To inform the Shop Manager (or Area Manager in their absence) of any defects or maintenance problems and any dangerous hazards to customers and staff, within the shop premises and immediate vicinity.
13) To have adequate knowledge about The Salvation Army in order to answer any customer or staff query.
14) To have knowledge of the accident book, first aid box and fire extinguishers and to be able to use them in the event of an emergency
Person specificationNot supplied
Additional informationDo you have good communication skills and want to help others? Are you wanting a new challenge and are you willing to undertake new tasks? The successful candidates must be able to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army