The New Tannahill Centre Limited
Charity registered in Scotland SC041487
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo provide recreational facilities and to organise recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for persons within Ferguslie Park and its surrounding area in Paisley;
- Job number
- Ferguslie Park
- Time of attendance
- 5 days out of 7, Monday to Friday. office hours but a degree of flexibility will be required for community events
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Mainly between 8am - 6pm Monday to friday
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
Customer service and admin duties.
1. Proactively and positively respond to all enquiries and visitors to The Tannahill Centre, ensuring visitor records are maintained accurately and efficiently in line with operational procedures.
2. Facilitate call answering, screening, transferring, taking messages and signposting as required.
3. Maintain an awareness of the planned daily activities and events taking place in The Tannahill Centre, including room bookings.
4. Take room bookings and payments in-line with financial procedures.
5. Answer telephone and email enquiries in a professional manner.
6. Work with Customers from enquiry stage through to delivery of booking ensuring customers’ needs is met throughout the process. This may include promoting the event through social media and word of mouth.
7. Ensure that each room is tidy and arrange furniture and equipment as required for each hirer/user giving instructions on the use of equipment as necessary.
8. Ensure that the hirer is aware of the locations of facilities and their responsibility with regard to health and safety.
9. Make every effort to resolve any problems they may have and ensure that the terms and conditions of hire are adhered to at all times.
10. Return the room to the standard layout once hirer/ user has left (or if appropriate set up ready for the next hirer/ user) and make sure that all equipment has been left in situ and in working order.
11. Report any missing items, breakages or damage to the Centre Development Officer at the earliest opportunity.
12. Serve and prepare refreshments and catering in line with room bookings.
Building maintenance, furniture & equipment
13. Ensure the fabric of the building by regular checks both internally and externally for defects, damage or breakdown reporting any major defects to the Centre Development Officer.
14. Undertake any minor repairs/ improvements to the promises within the scope of your qualifications and experience.
15. To external areas of the premises carry out tasks including routine maintenance, rubbish removal etc as required and discussed or identified in the caretakers’ schedule of work
Cleaning of the premises
16. Ensure the buildings are cleaned in accordance with the approved specification
17. Undertake your own cleaning responsibilities as identified or required by the Centre Development Officers instructions.
18. Carry out any emergency cleaning.
Heating and lighting of the premises
19. Ensure that the heating plant and electrical systems are functional and maintained in accordance with the instructions given.
20. Ensure that appropriate heating is provided for each activity in accordance with agreed protocols.
21. Report any problems with the heating system to the Centre Development Officer.
22. Ensure that the overall premises security is maintained and the building is available for authorised use.
23. Ensure the premises are opened and closed promptly and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
24. Respond to any alarm call-outs as necessary.
25. Be aware of who is on site at all times and ensure that all doors and windows are secured in unoccupied areas.
26. Arrange for contractors to attend site as directed by the Centre Development Officer. Making sure, before arranging dates with contractors, that the work to be carried out will not disturb bookings that have already been accepted. Obviously, if the works are essential then to ensure that the communications within the ‘let’ understand the nature of the works in advance.
27. Liaise with contractors attending site, being aware of their impact on those hiring. Using the premises.
28. Check regularly on progress and ensure any paperwork is correctly signed off and forwarded to the Administrator.
Health and safety
29. Have regard for your own Health and Safety and that of all using the premises and grounds. Attending Health and Safety Training and refresher training as required.
30. Undertake any other reasonable tasks required by the Centre Development Officer or another such authorised person to allow the efficient running of the premises without changing the general character of the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge of Microsoft packages including word, excel and outlook.
Able to demonstrate a prior interest in working with people.
Numeracy and literacy skills to communicate with staff and handle cash.
Have good interpersonal skills.
Able to work with and encourage a team of volunteers.
Be able to climb stairs and do medium to heavy work including lifting and moving of furniture.
Be able to reflect the mission and values of The Tannahill Centre in all dealings with staff, volunteers and visitors.
Be well motivated, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
Be able to attend appropriate training as required.
Acceptable PVG Check.
Ability to work shifts
Additional informationThis role would suit a community-minded individual, who will be trained to undertake front of house duties including room booking, Event organising and promotion. Admin duties and facility officer duties. We will offer a comprehensive training programme.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership