Charity registered in Scotland SC029045
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSTRiVE is the lead partner in Voluntary Action East Lothian the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for East Lothian. We provide support, learning and development opportunities for both individuals and organisations through our Volunteering, Organisational Support, Youth, Adventure and Wellbeing teams. Interfaces were created: To provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within their local area. To ensure that the third sector is effectively supported and represented at the local level. They have one mission at their heart: to build empowered, resilient communities with a thriving third sector. We promote and encourage informal learning, leadership development and community capacity building across our services. Our themed forums and networks facilitate third sector participation and representation in local community planning.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
It is an exciting role that will involve providing support in a range of indoor and outdoor locations, therefore you must enjoy community work, adventurous activities and be willing to travel within East Lothian.
The role will involve working with children and young people therefore PVG membership will be required.
1. To support the senior youth development worker to deliver activities including supporting and supervising participants.
2. Assist with the preparation of training materials and resources for the befrienders.
3. Assist with the promotion and recruitment of volunteer befrienders.
4. Maintain and update project records using the appropriate IT systems.
5. To attend training any internal and external training as required.
6. To work as part of the staff team.
7. Update social media as required.
8. Maintain and uphold the reputation, vision, mission and values of STRiVE at all times.
9. Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Executive Team or Board of Directors.
The post will:
• Be based at STRiVE’s premises in Tranent, but will involve travel to other areas of East Lothian.
• Work closely with all other STRiVE Projects.
• Offer support, supervision, professional and personal development, and appraisal.
• Comply with STRiVE policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health and Safety and Child Protection
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership