Charity registered in Scotland SC029045
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSTRiVE is the lead partner in Voluntary Action East Lothian the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for East Lothian. We provide support, learning and development opportunities for both individuals and organisations through our Volunteering, Organisational Support, Youth, Adventure and Wellbeing teams. Interfaces were created: To provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within their local area. To ensure that the third sector is effectively supported and represented at the local level. They have one mission at their heart: to build empowered, resilient communities with a thriving third sector. We promote and encourage informal learning, leadership development and community capacity building across our services. Our themed forums and networks facilitate third sector participation and representation in local community planning.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
The role will involve working at a range of venues and events therefore you must be flexible and able to travel within East Lothian.
1. Assist with the preparation & production of promotional materials and displays.
2. Assist at promotional events and outreach sessions throughout East Lothian.
3. Assist with the preparation and distribution of information bulletins and updates.
4. Update Website and Social Media as required.
5. Assist with the preparation of training materials and presentations.
6. Support the TSI team with the organisation of events, conferences & forums.
7. Maintain and uphold the reputation, vision, mission and values of STRiVE at all times.
8. Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Executive Team or Board of Directors.
The post will
• Be based at STRiVE’s premises in Tranent, but will involve travel to other areas of East Lothian.
• Work closely with all other STRiVE Projects.
• Offer support, supervision, professional and personal development, and appraisal.
• Comply with STRiVE policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health and Safety and Child Protection
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership