Charity registered in Scotland SC029045
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSTRiVE is the lead partner in Voluntary Action East Lothian the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for East Lothian. We provide support, learning and development opportunities for both individuals and organisations through our Volunteering, Organisational Support, Youth, Adventure and Wellbeing teams. Interfaces were created: To provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within their local area. To ensure that the third sector is effectively supported and represented at the local level. They have one mission at their heart: to build empowered, resilient communities with a thriving third sector. We promote and encourage informal learning, leadership development and community capacity building across our services. Our themed forums and networks facilitate third sector participation and representation in local community planning.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
The role will involve providing admin support using a variety of IT systems as well as supporting the youth development worker to deliver volunteering Challenges and staff events at a range of venues, therefore you must be flexible and willing to travel within East Lothian. The role will involve working with children and young people therefore PVG membership will be required.
1. Maintain and update Saltire records on the in-house database and via the Saltire Websites.
2. Verify certificate requests, prepare and print certificates.
3. Provide 1:1 support to young people to register for the Awards, log hours and claim certificates.
4. Assist the Youth Development Worker at Challenge events including supporting and supervising participants.
5. Update Website and Social Media as required.
6. Support the TSI team with the organisation of events, conferences & forums.
7. Maintain and uphold the reputation, vision, mission and values of STRiVE at all times.
8. Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Executive Team or Board of Directors.
The post will
• Be based at STRiVE’s premises in Tranent, but will involve travel to other areas of East Lothian.
• Work closely with all other STRiVE Projects.
• Offer support, supervision, professional and personal development, and appraisal.
• comply with STRiVE policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health and Safety and Child Protection
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership