Galston Community Development Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC043291
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe organisation’s purposes are: 1) To advance rural regeneration and community development and, in particular, to promote the holistic regeneration of Galston and its surroundings so that it can be a sustainable, inclusive community for all who live or work in the area. 2) To promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment. 3) To provide recreational facilities and organise recreational activities with a particular focus on encouraging the use of open spaces for recreational purposes to improve the communities quality of life. 4) To advance arts, heritage, culture, science and education, including lifelong learning. In pursuing those purposes, the organisation will: Encourage and Promote: A) Community involvement in and direction of Galston Town Centre Regeneration. B) Ownership and/or leasing of buildings, offices or any other community assets and the use of these assets to generate income. C) Maximisation of funding opportunities. In addition the organisation will work in partnership with public, private and voluntary agencies in the furtherance of these aims and, in particular, work in partnership with East Ayrshire Council and its community planning partners to identify regeneration projects within Galston Town Centre.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday 9:30am - 2:30pm. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Gaston Trust operate a flexible working scheme
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83
• Assisting to create new programmes including leisure, recreation and other activities.
• Encouraging people to take part from the community.
• Promotion of events and activities
• Take registers
• Help with Delivery of activities and events.
• Adhere to Health and safety policy
• Monitor activities and provide feedback
• Keep work area clean and tidy.
• Is self confident and determined
• Sets a positive example
• Communicates in a clear logical style (both orally and in writing)
• Has a positive approach and demonstrates high professional standards when carrying out task
• Energy and enthusiasm
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership