- Well-Fed Scotland CIC
Aims & objectivesWell-Fed CIC was established in 2017 to help build stronger communities through addressing food poverty and reducing social isolation. Activities include: - Community cafe, plus free community events such as community BBQs and buffets. - Breakfast clubs for chidren
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Applicants will be required to work 28 hours per week, 5 days over 7. Working hours will generally be between 9am and 7pm however, there may be occasions where an earlier start or later finish is required.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
Well-Fed (Scotland) are offering an exciting opportunity in the role of kitchen assistant. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow the successful applicant to gain excellent skills and experience and of working as part of a professional kitchen team. The successful applicant need not have direct kitchen experience as full training will be provided, although should have an interest cookery / food service, a willingness to learn and positive attitude to challenging situations. This position may be of particular interest to applicants with an interest in progressing a career in professional cookery.
Hour of work – Applicants will be required to work 35 hours per week, 5 days over 7. Working hours will generally be between 9am and 7pm however, there may be occasions where an earlier start or later finish is required. Shifts may vary on a week to week basis however shifts will be provided in advance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Food Preparation - Too will be involved in the preparation of food for service and ensuring the highest possible hygiene standards are adhered to alongside all regulatory requirements
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all food stuff is correctly labelled and stored in line with best practice guidelines and all regulatory requirements
- General Housekeeping - You will be responsible for ensuring that the kitchen is clean, tidy and clear of all debris at all times. This will involve general cleaning alongside a robust and scheduled deep cleaning programme
- Accurate Recording – you will be required to keep accurate recordings temperatures etc in line with the organisations HACCP documentation.
- Stock management – You will be required to replenish stock as required including the safe storage of food stuffs as well as chemicals
- You will be trained in basic cooking techniques and will be required to assist the chef in the cooking and preparation of food
- A mature attitude and able to gain credibility and trust from clients and staff alike
- Anticipates client needs and ensures it is done to high standards
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding
- Smart and Professional Appearance
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to work within organisational Policies and Procedures
- A commitment to community run services and to providing equality of opportunity
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours
Additional informationSuccessful candidate may also be required to work in Whiteinch.