Routes To Work South
Charity registered in Scotland SC031487
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesRoutes to Work South exists to provide a vehicle for the local community to take an active role in the economic and social regeneration of Cambuslang & Rutherglen, and to provide services which further this aim by raising the standard of skills and new opportunities for the local workforce.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- 8am to 3pm Monday to Friday
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
Routes to Work South are committed to working with partner agencies to deliver a flexible, accessible, client-centered service that will support local people who are out of work to progress and sustain employment, support local employers, and link opportunity and need. The CTEC building and community cafe are an important part of this work.
This role will provide an excellent efficient café and catering service to internal and external customers. Responding to customer needs and providing a friendly and welcoming service. Observing Health & Safety and kitchen guidelines will be essential. The role will involve both serving at a till and serving catering to various rooms within our facilities. Preparation of food will also be an important part of the role as will cleaning duties.
• Prepares Starbucks beverages to required standard
• Serving all food for catering buffet and counter service as required and directed by the Supervisor
• Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a team member
• Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with all customer and partner interactions
• Observing and monitoring all health & safety regulations, food hygiene regulations and COSHH Regulations
• Maintaining and checking all kitchen equipment and reporting any problems to the Supervisor
• Set up and clearing corporate hospitality rooms when required
• Follows cash handling procedures and cash register policies
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines
• Contributes to cafe goals for increasing sales and improving profits
• Is responsible for self-initiated learning
• Other appropriate duties in line with the needs of the organisation
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience preferably in a café environment. You will have a passion for people and catering, getting things right and an eye for detail. You will also display flexibility in line with organisational requirements and be enthusiastic about getting involved in other areas of the business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Previous experience in a similar role. Experience of food preparation and service
Previous experience of customer service
Good communication and interpersonal skills
A professional manner in dealing with clients, colleagues and other visitors
Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for own workload
Willingness to learn and contribute to the overall development of the post and the organisation
The post holder should also demonstrate knowledge of, or interest in:
• The ethos of the voluntary sector and potential income sources.
• Equal opportunities, use of language in its promotion, and its implications in the work of the organisation.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership