Are you looking to access the government’s £2billion Kickstart Scheme to create a 100% funded job, or jobs, for 16-24yrs olds out of work?
Any organisation, regardless of size, can apply for funding, and there is no limit on the number of 6 month job placements you can request. However if you are employing less than 30 Kickstart roles you need to apply through an intermediary representative organisation. SCVO is able to act as a representative and can support you with your application submission. We are currently only offering this service to third sector organisations. We can also offer wraparound support services which can be claimed as part of your application, up to £1500 per placement. This can include employment support, set up costs, training and equipment costs.
SCVO has over 22 years experience in employment services, supporting 18,842 people through New Deal, creating 5,440 jobs in the Future Jobs Fund and supporting nearly 10,000 young people into jobs through Community Jobs Scotland, so we already have robust application, monitoring and payments systems in place to help get you set up quickly.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs. They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are applying for should:
- be for a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- be paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
- help the participants to develop their skills and experience, including:
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork
You can also contact us at email@example.com, or find out more from our latest information webinar: