- Year of publication
Analysis of UK Gov gender pay gap data, comparing the Scottish third sector against
- Scottish public and private sectors
- UK third sector
- 53 qualifying Scottish charities were analysed, employing a total of 40,190 staff.
- Scottish charities are leading the way on equal pay.
- The mean pay gap for Scottish charities is 5.03%, smaller than the UK charities pay gap of 8% in favour of men.
- Both the mean and median pay gaps of Scottish charities are significantly below that of the other Scottish sectors, which have a mean gap of 13.7% and a median gap of 10.4%.
- However, 71% of the largest Scottish charities are still paying men more than women.