Intro to Community Futures and links to local action plans.
Community Futures is an approach to local community planning and sustainable community development that aims to encourage active citizenship and build local democracy. CRT recognises that some communities have found it difficult to secure a fair share of the funding that has been channelled through it and other grant makers during the last 15 years. CRT and other funders have found that in these ‘cold spots’ community leadership, participation, structures, networks and group activity is relatively weak.
To date the Programme has covered 33 communities with a joint population of over 135,742. Since 2011,
- 32 communities have developed a 5 year Coalfields Community Futures Action Plans.
- 64 people have been trained in Community Action Planning and employed as Community Agents
- About 280 people have been involved in local steering groups
- Over 6880 households returned Community Views Surveys
- 6569 people attended Community Open Days
- Read online