Charity finance update 2020: good governance
Hosted by Martin Aitken & Co
Date: Wednesday 19 February
Time: 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Room: M2 to M5
What will the session cover?
- Governance – what is it and what’s involved e.g. organisational purpose, leadership, board behaviour, control and effectiveness (taking into account the Scottish Governance Code for the Third Sector)
- Directors and Trustees roles and responsibilities.
- Financial controls and risk management – establishing the right foundations that will enable the enterprise to become sustainable and resilient.
- Getting the principles of good governance embedded into the organisation.
- Financial accounting, external audit requirements and the Directors/Trustees annual report.
- Recurring themes and pitfalls: risks and everyday challenges that will arise from your day-to-day operations, their impacts and taking preventative and corrective actions.
- VAT rates + reclaims: VAT for charities and Social Enterprises is a bit of a minefield and there seems to be a lot of confusion in this area. In this session we will look at common pitfalls and provide more information to the different types of charitable income and which are within and outwith the scope of VAT.
Please note this event is now fully booked!!