12 Guitars is a social enterprise formed in April 2019 by businessmen and guitar lovers Gerry Thorogood and Steve Plummer.12 Guitars has a simple message. To make guitar playing accessible to all young people by providing guitars, equipment and tuition free at the point of use for those who can’t access otherwise.
We are based at the Glasgow Caring City Warehouse at 249 Govan Road in Glasgow, close to the BBC, Science Centre and The Hydro. We have converted a double-decker bus into a recording and practice studio, guitar-tech workshop, learning space, meeting place and retail outlet.
- Young people who will benefit from accessing our guitars and tuition
- Third Sector and Public Sector organisations who wish us to deliver guitar programmes.
- Guitar loving members of the public who will attend our events, workshops and courses or donate guitars and equipment.
- Corporate organisations that will sponsor our organisation, events or young people and enable employees to volunteer to support us as part of the organisation’s Corporate Social Responsibility commitments.
- Music Industry manufacturers and suppliers who will donate equipment for use in our studio, at our events or in the delivery of tuition to young people.
Stand number: 58