Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
OSCR, the Scottish Charity Regulator, is the independent registrar and regulator for all Scottish charities. We are a non-ministerial office and have a board of non-executive directors. We are independent of Scottish Government and report directly to Scottish Parliament every year.
Our vision is of charities you can trust and that provide public benefit. The public can access information about charities from the Scottish Charity Register on our website.
We have a number of functions that are set out in the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005.
- Decide which bodies are charities
- Maintain a public Register of charities
- Encourage, facilitate and monitor compliance by charities
- Monitor charities’ compliance with the law
- Give information or advice to Scottish Ministers on matters relating to OSCR’s functions.
Stand number: 72