At the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO), we love the third sector
As the national membership organisation for Scotland’s charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises, we know first-hand how big a difference just one determined person can make – but we also know that everyone needs support sometimes.
That’s why we work in partnership with the third sector to advance the interests of our 2,000 members and the people and communities they support, to help make Scotland a better place for everyone.
We lobby Government on policy issues, create jobs for young people and support organisations to embrace and promote digital skills. We also help with the day-to-day stuff, like affordable office space, discounted training courses, funding opportunities and information and support to help people set up and run their organisations.
- To find out what we’ve been working on over the past year, take a look at our annual review
- For for the latest updates, take a look at our press releases or follow us on Twitter
- For more about the modern third sector in Scotland, see our #ILoveCharity campaign page
Strategic review 2018
After a time of change and reflection, SCVO is reviewing our strategic approach. We want to create clarity around our purpose, our role as a membership organisation and our offer to the sector.
We have a proposed way forward and are seeking the views of our members, the wider third sector and other stakeholders on our ideas.
In November and December 2018, our Chief Executive, Anna Fowlie, will be meeting representatives and groups from across Scotland’s third sector to gather views and feedback on our proposals, to help review and refine them.
Please email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Steven Morton, PA to Anna Fowlie, SCVO, Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh EH3 6BB. The deadline for responses is Friday 7 December 2019. We will publish a refined version of our proposals online by January 2019 at the latest for final comments.
- Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh EH3 6BB
- Hayweight House, 23 Lauriston Street, Edinburgh EH3 9DQ
- Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow G1 1UZ
- Edward House, 199 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3BX
- Fairways House, Fairways Business Park, Slackbuie Avenue, Inverness IV2 6AA