Charity registered in Scotland SC000501
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesYouth Scotland is the largest non-uniformed youth organisation in Scotland and one of the key providers of information, training, advice and support to part time and voluntary youth workers. Youth Scotland aims to enable young people throughout Scotland to maximise their full potential through the provision of quality educational and social opportunities. Youth Scotland has a membership of 584 affiliated and 174 participating youth groups and works in partnership with a network of area associations and local authorities to support youth workers to deliver safe and inspiring leisure opportunities to young people throughout Scotland.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Usual working pattern will be Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.18 per hour
- To provide general administrative support to Youth Scotland staff, including general typing/data entry, photocopying and filing
- As a first point of contact within Youth Scotland, to carry out reception duties, including answering the telephone, passing on messages and meeting and greeting visitors
- To operate and maintain Youth Scotland's in-house database (includes membership records and general mailing contacts)
- To provide administrative support for mailings to Youth Scotland's network
- To provide administrative assistance for and at Youth Scotland conferences, meetings and events, including, travel arrangements and refreshments
- To deal with incoming and outgoing mail, including opening, distributing, circulating and dispatching mail
- to attend and take minutes at staff meetings and other meetings as required
- To attend conferences, training events and meetings as required
- to undertake any other duties that may be required and which are commensurate with the post
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/TRAINING RELEVANT TO THE ROLE:
- To develop skills in all aspects of administration procedures and tasks e.g. data processing, data entry, collation and reporting of data, filing/data storage, email and telephone communications
- Increase knowledge and experience in the use of various ICT equipment desktop computer, photocopier, franking machine, projector
- Increase knowledge and experience in the use of ICT various ICT software - Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel), Eventbrite (online events booking system) Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Youth Scotland in-house database)
- To develop communication skills through various methods i.e. telephone, email, face to face, skype, social media - twitter etc.
- To increase confidence in dealing with customers enquiries
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- To complete a personal development project linked to the work of Youth Scotland which is accredited through a Youth Achievement Award (Level 3 - 7 award on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework). This will be supported by Youth Scotland staff.
No skills or experience required, we will fully train successful candidate
Additional informationClosing date of 15th November 2019. Interviews will take 21st November. https://www.youthscotland.org.uk/vacancies/admin-assistant-community-jobs-scotland/
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership