Action For Children (Scotland)
Charity registered in Scotland SC038092
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAction for Children (formerly NCH) is the largest UK provider of services to disabled children and their families, children's services in rural areas, family and community centres, and services for young people leaving care. It currently runs over 60 projects throughout Scotland which offer services to children and young people and families. Projects include family centres, and projects for care leavers and the young homeless.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
- To support with group work and assist the service with the delivery of activities and group work with young people.
- Work with Service staff to develop and utilise social media platforms; following Action for Children guidelines and procedures.
- To prepare recordings following guidance from the Service Coordinator regarding any activities, group work or presentations.
- To attend team meetings and participate in training and learning and team/inter-team development sessions associated with the position.
- To provide practical care and support interventions to service users and their families as advised.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and others whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
- To develop effective working relationships with service users, external agencies and Action for Children colleagues to support the positive outcomes for service users and their families.
- As a member of the team to contribute to the provision of quality, stimulating and safe activities.
- To be alert to and refer concerns of child protection and safeguarding issues to line management for their action.
- Adhere to service processes and procedures through the accurate and timely completion of forms and other documentation using manual or computerised systems and procedures.
- Undertake administrative tasks, utilising office systems, process and Microsoft outlook packages, with a view to maintain the effective and quality provision of services.
- To undertake tasks as directed the care/service plan lead.
To provide direct support to children, young people and their families as guided or required, to achieve positive and agreed outcomes.
Additional informationThis post would ideally suit an individual who has knowledge and understanding of issues relating to substance misuse and homelessness.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received