Charity registered in Scotland SC003923
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesYouthLink Scotland is the national agency for youth work. It is a membership organisation and is in the unique position of representing the interests and aspirations of the whole of the sector both voluntary and statutory. YouthLink Scotland champions the role and value of the youth work sector, challenging government at national and local levels to invest in the development of the sector.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm (one hour for lunch/day)
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
KEY RESULT AREAS
• To contribute to the content of YouthLink Scotland communications platforms, both online and offline
• To assist with the update of content on the YouthLink Scotland website
• To support the administration of the Communications Network
• To support with events and project launches
• To work collaboratively with partners and other YouthLink Scotland staff across the organisation in order to deliver effective and integrated services
• To assist with the Cross Party Group on Children and Young People
• To offer administration support for the public affairs function of YouthLink Scotland
• To maintain and update media databases and other systems as required
• Other duties as delegated by the Senior Management Team.
Note that training and support will be provided to enable to post holder to complete the above tasks and use the relevant tools and platforms.
It is essential that the applicant is positive about young people. It is desirable for applicants to have an interest in communications and digital technology.
• Microsoft Office or equivalent software
• Use of internet & social media channels
• Understanding of digital technologies and tools.
• Awareness of work with young people and youth work.
• Awareness of media, marketing, publications and communications.
• Communication skills (written, oral and ICT)
• Excellent written English
• Information management skills
• Organisation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Skills gained through experience using social media channels – desirable
• Working as part of a team
• Listening and communicating effectively
• Commitment to planning, organising, completing and evaluating projects
• Decision making and accountability within designated tasks
• Taking account of the needs of others in your working relationships
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Developing creative approaches and solutions to challenges
• Commitment to self-development
Additional informationPlease note that within the normal duties of this post you will be required to carry out regulated work with children.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership