Fallin Community Enterprises
Charity registered in Scotland SC036713
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesFallin Community Enterprises evolved from the Fallin Futures Community group and aims to drive forward the social, economic and environmental regeneration of the village.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 5 days from 7, including a Saturday. Working hours between 9am-5pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
Recyke-a-bike is a project of Fallin Community Enterprises. This exciting project’s main business is recycling of bicycles. This project is an established Social Enterprise and as such will not just reduce the impact of waste on the environment, but will also generate jobs, provide training and opportunities for the community of Fallin and beyond.
Duties will include:
• To assist in the running of the shop
• Provide customer service
• To assist in the running of the retail facility
• To keep proper records of shop reconciliations
• To advise customers on the purchase of Bicycles
• To assist with admin duties
• To carry out bicycle maintenance under supervision
• To help in the processing of waste bicycles for scrap
• To be trained under the C & G training scheme
• To carry out any reasonable duties other than those given in the job description required for the effective co-ordination of the Community Recycling Project
The post holder will ideally have:
• Some retail and mechanical knowledge
• An enthusiasm for social enterprise and community regeneration.
• A commitment to recycling and working within the voluntary sector.
Personal Qualities Required:
• An ability to work independently and take initiative
• A willingness to learn.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working with volunteers
• A willingness to be flexible in approach.
• A friendly and welcoming manner
Additional informationPerformance will be measured against targets agreed. The post holder will be required to provide evidence of attainment of targets through supervision and appraisal.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership